Nothing says welcome like a clean entryway. As you clean your home, don’t forget to clean your front door and entryway, too!
When you’re cleaning your home, how often do you remember to clean what your guests will see first – your entryway?
Far too often, I’m concerned about what’s clean inside my home, forgetting what my front step and front door look like.
But these can become filthy areas – especially if they’re exposed to weather.
You may forget, too.
Whether it’s a front porch, a stairway or hallway, try approaching your front door with fresh eyes, pretending you’re a guest.
What do you see?
What to clean
Once you’ve seen what could use some cleaning, it’s time to get to work! Remember these 8 simple steps:
- Wipe down your front door.
- Wash any windows.
- Wipe off the threshold of your front door.
- Wipe off the entire door frame, being careful to get cobwebs and dead bugs.
- Shake out your door mat.
- Sweep off your front step.
- Wipe off any light fixtures and railings.
- Wipe any spiderwebs off of wreaths, decorations, flowerpots, and front porch furniture.
What I use
Cleaning my entryway always tends to be one of the filthiest jobs I have. I use my oldest, rattiest Norwex EnviroCloth to wipe everything down – it’s good for wiping away dead bugs, dirt, and stray leaves. (Paper towels or old cleaning rags will do, too.)
Now that you’ve done the hard work of cleaning, remember to maintain a clean entryway every couple weeks to a month. Or at least when you know company’s coming over.
What do you do to make sure you have a clean front door and clean entryway?
Like this post? Check out these other posts, too:
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that, at no added cost to you, I may make a commission on products purchased through these links. Thank you for supporting this website!
All images courtesy of Unsplash.
- How to Meet Your Family’s Needs the Proverbs 31 Way - June 22, 2020
- Keeping Busy at Home - June 15, 2020
- Meal Planning and Preparation the Proverbs 31 Way - June 8, 2020